Join now - be part of our community!

DVD-RW not working. Original driver corrupted

AlSnow
Visitor

DVD-RW not working. Original driver corrupted

Hi. I have a vaio VGN-FS285E. I have only had it for 2 days but the original driver for the DVD drive is corrupted or missing as it is not playing any form of disc. The DVD drive is a Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-K15. Can anyone help? . I would like to know what the DVD-RW driver is and where i can find it.

Thanks TonyBeard but on vaio link they don't specify the exact driver, they only offer the whole pre-installed driver package for the whole computer. So i have downloaded it but don't know what part is the driver for the DVD drive and i am unsure whether i should delete all the original drivers and put the knew package in its place as i don't want to cause more problems. Any Ideas?

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
tonybeard
Explorer

Welcome to the forum,
Go to Vaio-Link here and update the latest driver for you optical drive Try deleting the driver and restart. The system will automatically install the correct driver you downloaded. You will find it by right clicking My computer/properties/hardware/devicemanager. Look down the list to find your optical drive and then delete the faulty driver. Also note if it has an exclamation mark next to it. If it has you have a corrupted driver and it needs to be reinstalled with the vaio link driver. You can only get the sony drivers to work effectively. Good Luck:smileyhappy: