Join now - be part of our community!

DW-D56A on A series

Eugenepang
Visitor

DW-D56A on A series

Had anyone install the new driver Version : PFS3-2 on thier DW-D56A optical drive? Especially on A317S series... the last one was all problems so i am abit worry of installing this new driver

Thanks
Ciao

12 REPLIES 12
Eugenepang
Visitor

hmm look like i am gonna be the first person to install it afterall...
wish me luck :smileygrin:

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Good luck Eugene!

Eugenepang
Visitor

Good luck Eugene!

:smileygrin: :smileygrin: thanks

after i execute the file and read the instructions.. to unplug this unplug that, turn off this turn off that... i start to think.. well i can burn cd,vcd,dvd, watch vcd, dvd etc etc with no problems at all... so why take the risk.. so

... i decided not to update it :smileygrin: :smileygrin: wise moved..

djidji.govedina
Visitor

Heh. I did, some time ago, on A317. And some reading/writing issues were solved. So It was worth for me. And in fact it's simple thing to do. Just turn off anti-virus if you have it run .exe file, and reboot after that. Nothing bad should happen.

Eugenepang
Visitor

Heh. I did, some time ago, on A317. And some reading/writing issues were solved. So It was worth for me. And in fact it's simple thing to do. Just turn off anti-virus if you have it run .exe file, and reboot after that. Nothing bad should happen.

heh thanks.. but i am not having any problems with my driver.. so better not mess with it till it mess with me first hehe

liberator
Visitor

... i decided not to update it :smileygrin: :smileygrin: wise moved..

Wise move indeed. I installed it the other day on my A397XP and now the eject button no longer works and I can no longer burn Dual Layer DVD's
:cry:

Wish I'd read this board first:smileysad:

Anyone know how to rollback the firmware?

DIrvine
Visitor

Hey I installed the new firmware today on my A317S. No issues it works like a dream. Hopefully it will solve the issues with the reading and spinning up of discs.

Fingers crossed

DIrvine
Visitor

Hey well tested the abilities of my drive and what do you know its worse than what it was. Looks like I will have to call support and see if it can be sorted out:smileycry: :cry: :cry:

Eugenepang
Visitor

Hey well  tested the abilities of my drive and what do you know its worse than what it was.  Looks like I will have to call support and see if it can be sorted out:smileycry: :cry: :cry:

wow.. thats suck.... i will never trust amny new firmware from sony again especially for my optical drive...:smileysad: