Join now - be part of our community!

E-Support

profile.country.en_GB.title
Assegai
Visitor

E-Support

Does anyone else have as poor an impression of Sony's e-support as I do? I've been overhauling my home network and general IT setup recently and have been eliminating problems methodically. I brought the hardest issue I was dealing with here and to e-support. They took several days to come back with a totally robotic and unrelated response which ended with a rather dismissive "I'm very sorry". I was told in a roundabout way that my problem could not be fixed at all, which I succeeded in doing last night after simply educating myself sufficiently on the particular subject matter. I also had two extremely poor experiences with them during the first few months of owning this machine and it's all combined to make a very large blot on what is otherwise a fine experience as a VAIO user.
I've been appalled in recent days with the quality of the technical support from BT and I dare say my impression of e-support would be exactly the same if the restrictive lead-time of circa four working days between responses didn't prevent me from pressing on with my queries.
I have a degree of brand loyalty to Sony and the VAIO brand in particular but experiences like this only serve to erode said loyalties away. Does anyone have any thoughts? Or links to other threads with the same complaints - I forgot to run a search before diving in and typing this... :smileyblush:

Thanks for reading,
-Ally

[edit - stuck an icon by the thread title to indicate the type of post]

5 REPLIES 5
eagle-eye
Visitor

E-support is crap. BT is half-crap!

apierc1
Visitor

E-Support is reasonable as far as my experiences have gone. It is a way to contact Sony support for free and is not a quick response option. If you have an urgent problem you are much better phoning Vaio-Link as I have almost always had a good experience with them and you can get your problem accross in one go and either get some help or arrange to get your Vaio sent off for repair. :slight_smile:

kee-lo_

Ally

Sorry to hear you got bad help from VAIO Link, I'll check out your other posts see if I can come up with anything relitively useful.

Assegai
Visitor

It's alright there's no need to go to that trouble :slight_smile: Thank you very much though. As I said I managed to solve the problem, but don't think I'll bother trying for help from e-support in future.

kee-lo_

Nice one, glad to hear it.

If you need help in the future you can always ask here on the Club, it's always worth a go even if we don't find an answer.