Join now - be part of our community!

Erratic mouse behaviour

GMichailidis
Visitor

Erratic mouse behaviour

Please help!!
for the last 24h my mouse touch pad behaves erratically as if i constantly have the left button pushed down. it has made the laptop useless as i can not do anything.
i have not installed any new programs i am running windows vista enterprise on a SZ3. since i have upgraded i did not manage to get rid of the Aps messages (not signed software0 at start up but everything was running fine
george

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi there have you tried a system restore back to before this behaviour started?

PMed
Visitor

I once had a similar problem with my vgn-fs415s, i decided to shut it down and leave it for a while, and after a couple of hours i switched it back on and all was fine again. no problem since then at end of august 06

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi GMichailidis,

Try uninstalling the touchpad in Device Manager, you will find this listed under Mice and Other Pointing Devices (either as a Pointing Device or a PS/2 mouse), then reboot and let Windows discover the device and reinstall the drivers.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
GMichailidis
Visitor

hi there,
thanks for the advice
i have unistalled the alps drivers and i am back to normal now. i have to admitt i tried to reinstall (because i liked some of the features like the scroll option and hide as you type )them once more and the same problem occured
i am getting fed up with all the vista problems i have encountered
thanks anyway
George

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi George,

Have you tried the Vista pointing drivers from here ?

Download and extract the file to a known location (eg C:\Drivers\Pointing) and then enter Device Manager > right click the pointing device and select update driver > point the wizard in the direction of the extracted location. Hopefully this will restore the functions for the touchpad.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat