Join now - be part of our community!

Error Trying To Format

KevJ
Visitor

Error Trying To Format

Hi Everyone, 1st poster here!

My Vaio has started to run really slowly and thought it would be a good idea to have a clear out and freshen it all up!

I'm OK with computers but far from an engineer, I followed the recovery guide on the sticky to format the system but it came up with an error that the partition had been deleted and that I would need to use the recovery media kit?

I can't find it anywhere and I don't have a recovery disk so need some HELP!! :slight_smile:

Many Thanks!
Kevin

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi KevJ,

Welcome to Club Vaio, :slight_smile:

As you Vaio has a recovery partition, Sony did not supply you with any recovery disc's, instead you would have been prompted, when you first stated your vaio, to create a set by following this guide ..

If you go to Start > Control panel > Performance and Maintenance > Administrative Tools > Computer Management..

A new window should open, click on Disk management in the Storage section.. Maximise the window, you should now see the capacity and free space of the your hard drive partitions..

Is the recovery partition shown and if so what capacity and free space is displayed..?