Join now - be part of our community!

Extended Warranty

simonwebb
Visitor

Extended Warranty

:cry:
I bought my Vaio VGN-FS215B last year, from a Sony Centre. I was offered extra 2 year warranty at that time, but declined because the salesman said that I could buy it anytime within 1 year of purchase and that they would know if I hadn't done so and would therefore send me a reminder. I thought I bought it towards the end of June, but having not received the promised reminder, I have looked back through my statements to see my purchase was on 6th June 2005. I have looked everywhere on Sony sites for contact telephone numbers and even called two, but haven't been able to get a clear answer as to whether the extended warranty PCGFVPW2 @ £179.00 is still available to me. Can anybody point me in the right direction.

Many thanks

Simon

btw, very,very happy with my Sony purchase, but if I can't now buy the extended warranty, would now be left with a "bitter taste in my mouth".

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Simon and welcome to ClubVAIO.

The conditions state that you must be currently covered by a warranty to buy the extended warranty.

I would phone VAIO-LINK on Monday to see if they will bend the rules. Point out that you were not offered an extension. (I presume you did Register your Vaio?)

The Extended Warranty can be purchased through SONYSTYLE

:slight_frown:

ant1uk
Visitor

they still might do it tell them you were on holiday. i dont think they ask for the receipt they just ask you the date. not sure though

BartK
Visitor

They will ask for the recipt...

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

They will ask for the recipt...

Yes, they usually ask for it to be faxed too :slight_frown: