Join now - be part of our community!

External display resolution on TX3

ufrancois
Visitor

External display resolution on TX3

Hi,
I'd like to connect an external screen to my TX3 and I was wondering what's the max. resolution supported:
- Sony's tech specs only specify the max resolution for the 11" display attached to the laptop (1366x768).
- In Windows / Display properties / Settings, I can configure the secondary screen up to 1600x1200
- According to Intel's website, the GMA950 video chipset can support up to 2048x1536 @75Hz.

Any clarification would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
jmetillon
Visitor

Hi,

I don't really know what is the max external resolution for the TX3, but I successfully outputed to a Dell 2007FPW and its 1680x1050 native resolution.

frannys
Visitor

The Res should be useable upto what the second Monitor is capable of.So if you have a 19" that can do 16x12,then thats what you should be able to use.

ebariaux
Visitor

I just bought a dell 24" LCD and I'm trying to display 1920x1200 on the external display but the highest I can get is 1600x1200. Does anybody know how I can get to the full panel resolution?

I'm wondering what you had to do to display 1680x1050 on your 20" Dell?

Thanks for any info,
Eric

jmetillon
Visitor

Ebariaux, I use Linux so if you use Windows, I can't help you.

ebariaux
Visitor

Thanks for your quick answer, I'll keep looking around...

ritesh
Visitor

I had a similar problem - you might want to make the external display your primary display, that was the only way I could get full resolution. It's not ideal but worked for me.