Faulty Graphics card

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
trbarra
Visitor

Faulty Graphics card

Hi Community,

I own a sony vaio laptop, model no  PCG-8Z2M.snip of sony screen.JPG

Now over past few weeks my screen has been acting very strange with all colours and everything mixed up.

On device manager I noticed a nvidia garphics card GT 8400  installed.  I uninstalled it  and continued to use the standard VGA grahics... I could not find any trace of the Nvidia card on PC with a view to  try and re install.. The other day the computer developed same fault as show on attached file..

I have read on forums that Sony had a particular issue with this model and graphics card and were recalling them.

Now I can;t find where I read this and my warranty has well expired. Does anyone out there have a solution or similar experience..

Trevor

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.el_GR.title
Vozaitakos
Visitor

Hello my friend...Forgive me if i make a mistake but i think that problem is from your graphic drivers...try reinstall them...if your system was xp pro i will know what exacly is...but on 7 not so much...:)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.el_GR.title
Vozaitakos
Visitor

Hello my friend...Forgive me if i make a mistake but i think that problem is from your graphic drivers...try reinstall them...if your system was xp pro i will know what exacly is...but on 7 not so much...:)

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Trevor,

You are quoting the chassis model. Have a look on the screen surround or in Vaio Control Panel

for the correct model reference.

I think you will find it is a VGN-AR51, if so this model is not covered by Sony for the out of warranty repair of faulty NVIDIA graphics chip.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat