Join now - be part of our community!

FE11S... Very slow BIOS???

drivas
Visitor

FE11S... Very slow BIOS???

Hi all,

I recently bought a VGN-FE11S and I have not only the same clicking noise problem as some other people has reported on this forum... Furthermore, when I start the computer, the Vaio logo takes up to 25 or 30 seconds to dissapear!!! :anguished:
Does it happen to any of you else with this model?
Do you think could it be related to the hard drive issue? (Maybe the Bios is not able to recognize properly the hard drive as fast as possible due to that...)

4 REPLIES 4
frannys
Visitor

The clicking sound is a sign of Hard Drive failure.You can go into the Bios(F2)and disable the Sony boot screen.

drivas
Visitor

Thanks for your reply frannys, and I did it, but it only disables the logo animation and the time to boot is still the same... 😞

ponthus
Visitor

Same here with VGN-FE11H. The logo disappears after 25 seconds and mockingly it only takes 16 seconds to fully load and start the windows XP. Sent to the service but got a reply that it was normal. I'm going crazy. :slight_frown: :slight_frown:

herpof
Visitor

And do you know what's the fun part?

Last year Microsoft asked the computer and laptop manufacturers to reduce their logos and animations during startup in order to make booting faster. And to give the nice example the new Vista boot screen has only a progress bar and no logo or anything else.

And what did Sony? They INCREASED the boot time by showing the stupid Vaio logo for 30 seconds.

Now that's what I call hating your customers.