Join now - be part of our community!

FE21M, other owners please

apierc1
Visitor

FE21M, other owners please

I know this is kind of a double post, but I thought it better under a new thread than in the unrelated one

I logged a case today, more of a clarification of the aceptable faults with current model. It's a FE21M and my only issues are,

1.) the dark areas in the corners of the screen, which I believe are common on this model (I am quite dissapointed in Sony's X-Black range in genral)

2.) The keyboard has a slight bulge on the right hand side, I don't think its a danger to screen or anything, but i generally use a wireless keyboard and dont transport it much at the mo, If pressed down on at the bulge you can depredss it ( basically the keyboard floor moves down) but it isn't a huge issue, especially as its a better specced laptop than my previous and the upgrade was free, so I don't want to sound like a padantic mofo.
So also if anyone reads this with same model can they post if they have same thing on their machine and clarify if this is common, thanks

4 REPLIES 4
steelem
Visitor

hello m8 read comments - i have none of these probs but i have a problem with the sound - it is awfully low on the highest settings - i have changed bios to vol=8 & yes it has helped but when you test with a tosh or a dell then they blow this to bits - has anyone got any ideas i have opened a case with sony as this is never right & i should nt have to use vlc media player just to get a bit more wattage

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Andy you're an omen to these VAIOs :laughing:

Seriously though that sounds rather annoying

MatOakley
Visitor

I have neither of the problems that you mention with mine

Mat

apierc1
Visitor

Hmm, I have read other posts about the darkness in the corners of the screen, I thought it was media centre scheme to begin with,is just right in the corners really. THe bulge in keyboard is not very bad, just a little bit weird. I will wait for contact form e-support to see what they say.

Thanks for the comments guys

I am the DAMIEN of Vaios! Grr Sonic Stage thingy "Connect" I signed up for it last night, went to get my free album, it told me to enter password for confirmation, and wouldn't take my password! so I asked them to send me a new password, I asked twice last night (well more like 2am) and still no email! grr