Join now - be part of our community!

FE31M Vista

wooderz
Visitor

FE31M Vista

Am I just jumping the gun here, but my brand spanking new VAIO FE31M says it is Vista Capable, yet when I install RC1 on it none of the drivers work!!!!!!!!

So I thought ok, well at least put XP Pro on here so I can get into my domain, but no, the sound drivers don't work!!!!

Are these laptops just made for Media Center, and therefore I've been sold a dud?

Please help guys!

James

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

The Vista drivers should be online soon, but as it's only just RTM'ed Sony won't be releasing them for a while so they can quality check.

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi wooderz and welcome.

XP does not support Hi Definition Audio.

You need to install the Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for high Definition Audio (KB835221 or the newer KB888111) first. This allows the sound chip to be recognised.

You should find it in C:\Drivers\Hotfix or on your recovery discs or you can download it from Microsoft Update.

:wink:

wooderz
Visitor

Hi thanks for the welcomes and the advice! With regards KB888111 it says on Microsoft Update to wait for the next Service Pack, I assume they mean SP3, how long before that's available?!

I'd much rather go onto Vista, any ideas when Sony will release some drivers?

Thanks again guys and gals

Wooderz

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi there have a look at this thread, bottom post.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Not until it's retailed, or on VAIOs as standard

profile.country.en_NL.title
Carelino
Visitor

For people who recently or already bought a Sony Vaio laptop visit this webpage to see if you are one of the lucky few who get a free vista express update or 50% discount on the express update to Windows Vista and other information about it.

Click me

The one wich applies to holland:

Click me