Join now - be part of our community!

FE41M Geforce 7400 problems

robbindi
New

FE41M Geforce 7400 problems

Hi, i have a question about my Vaio FE41M - Geforce 7400:

Im trying to regulate profile color of Nvidia Geforce 7400 Control panel, change setting of RGB, saving .nvp profile, etc... but every time i reboot the Notebook it relod the default values...
There is a way to resolve it an also some advice to set the monitor color better, the gray are too much blue ... :zipper_mouth:

3 REPLIES 3
robbindi
New

No one with similar problem?

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Looks like no-one else has the problem.

What version of the nVidia forceware driver do you have installed?

All I can suggest is that you try a newer version - these have extended nVidia Control Panel features. You can download a newer version from LaptopVideo2Go - I would try Vista version 158.18 as it has a modded INF file available for the nVidia Go 7400

1. Download 158.18 to your desktop and 'Extract All' to a new temporary directory.
2. Click on the INF next to it and download to your desktop.
3. Copy the downloaded INF file to the new temporary directory (overwriting and existing .inf file)
4. Uninstall your existing driver in Control Panel.
5. Reboot - the Vaio should open with a magnified screen in 640 X 480 VGA. Vista will try to install a default driver - just cancel any wizard.
6. Run the Setup file in your new temporary directory.

This driver is not approved by Sony yet so you are taking some risk but you can always reinstall the old driver if it doesn't work.

Other things you can try are: -

Create a new Screen Colour Profile using Adobe Gamma.

Look at Third Party Screen Colour Calibration programs like Spyder2 Express

:wink:

robbindi
New

I did it, i tryied the 158.18 driver and the controll panel is different, more function, and at the reboot keeps the profiles setted, but ... :zipper_mouth: :smirk: when i finished the first time to managing with the pannel, it get crashed ...maybe Vista has to grow ...