Join now - be part of our community!

FIRMWARE: SONY acts: now 20 December!!!

nemo66
Visitor

FIRMWARE: SONY acts: now 20 December!!!

So so....now it´s 20 December....the fools are waiting...
On 20 December Sony will (maybe) announce the new release date:
-20 Januar (wich year?)

:smileythinking: :thermometer_face: :worried: :thinking: :slight_frown:

43 REPLIES 43
nemo66
Visitor

@bert:
-mein Beileid.
-bringt zwar nichts, aber immerhin besser als nichts.
-ich hatte auch Probleme am Anfang mit meinem V2S, Sony-Support erwies sich als total untauglich und inkompetent.
-die Mitarbeiter des Supports waren zwar Nett aber nur leere Versprechungen.
-das Problem wurde NICHT durch SONY gelöst, alleine meine Erfahrung im computern seit Jahren hatte mir weitergeholfen.

FAZIT:

SONY als Hersteller -Spitze
SONY als SUpport und Problemlöser: INEXISTENT.

:smileysad::smileyhappy:

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

LOL Kee-Lo. I was being facetious, I don't think I've got my bimbo degree just yet :smileywink:.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Sh1nt4
Visitor

or i will get rid of my pocket vaio!

i was thinking about that, but i now i REALLY like how it works, i love the g-pad and the UI is really neat, no matter what everybody says! so if the update doesn't come out, well i guess i'll just have to reencode my 22 gb of music... :slight_frown: BUT it'll be worth it cause the Vaio is great!!:smileygrin:

quote :grin: i completely agree. Mp3 format would be better, but also converting is good :slight_smile:

Automan
Visitor

In conjunction with a Firmware Update (coming soon) for the VAIO Pocket¿ digital music player, allows you to transfer and play MP3 files, without conversion, on the VAIO Pocket player.

So I would assume all jacket art will have to be added manually if you are using the pocket with mp3 files as you will be copying the files on via the seperate transfer utility?

Automan.

ivan-d
Visitor

a possibility would be to release a patch for sonicstage... OR (now i'm just hypothesizing here) if mp3's are transferred without conversion, doesn't it mean that synchronization (of mp3's and wma's at least) can be handled by windows media player 10?

Twisted-Rizla
Visitor

But despite some minor Problems, not worth mentioning my vaio ist really nice!!

That's what we like to hear:smileygrin: :smileygrin:

Sh1nt4
Visitor

I was wondering if also video playback will be supported...in that case the pocket would be a Media Center :slight_smile: Is it possible? 😮

nemo66
Visitor

It is possible but i think SONY doesn´t want to give us this feature simply because SONY has another device with that feature.
That would mean self concurs.

ivan-d
Visitor

But that video device thing is only out in japan and not coming to europe, right? thats what i heard

nemo66
Visitor

Yes u are right!:smileysad:
The Sony HMP-A1 is only available in JAPAN!
But it´s rally gorgeuse!!!!