Join now - be part of our community!

Fix for sound control in Windows Vista - VGN-FE11S

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
timauluck
Explorer

Fix for sound control in Windows Vista - VGN-FE11S

Dear Forum Users,

I was wondering whether anybody knew of a fix to sort out the sound control in Windows Vista i.e. when the mute button is turned off at the VAIO control center the sound control is displaying as mute and when the mute button is turned on at the VAIO control center the sound control is displayed as on. I performed a clean install of Windows Vista after upgrading from Windows XP which came with the laptop, no hardware upgrades have been made to the system since I bought it from Comet back in 2006 and have downloaded and installed all packages from the Sony pages for a VGN-FE11S on Windows Vista. Lastly I forgot to mention that I currently have Windows Vista Ultimate x86 SP2 installed. Your help would be much appreciated.

Many thanks,

Timbuctoo
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
timauluck
Explorer

Update

Fixed issue using drivers from Sony as well as a full reinstall of the OS as I believe something went wrong with the registry at the time and could have been caused by Windows updates or third party programs.

Regards,

RocknRollTim

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
timauluck
Explorer

Update

Fixed issue using drivers from Sony as well as a full reinstall of the OS as I believe something went wrong with the registry at the time and could have been caused by Windows updates or third party programs.

Regards,

RocknRollTim