Join now - be part of our community!

Flash not working???

Malky3569
Visitor

Flash not working???

Just over the last few days I have been puzzled to find that I cannot view flash player images on some web sites. Even if I try to update from Adobe I cannot even see the download button. It seems to be that something is blocking the loading of flash playe from within the registry...I think??? as if you view the icon in the bottom left hand corner of the screen 'done but with errors' it refers to the library not being registered. ANyone have any ideas?
Thanks
Malky3569

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

If you have Flash installed, go to C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash and run the exe in there, do the update and let it install (it will prompt you for admin access). Restart your IE session and it should be right as rain.

Malky3569
Visitor

Thanks for the advice...I was about to re-install everything when your reply came through.
Did what you said but unfortunately the problem is still there...
Everything is backed up so i'm just going to recover everything.
Thanks again,
Malky3569

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

You're not alone with this, every time someone logs into this computer I loose Flash...

profile.country.en_NL.title
Carelino
Visitor

Lots of suggestions on the internet which are a load of <profanity removed by moderator> like for instance changing your permissioins in regedit. Anywayz I had kinda like same problem after days of looking for a solution I found it very well hidden en tried it out en found out myself that this is the best way to fix it. Kee-Lo had more or less the same problem like me but this should fix your problem 2.

Try this

Download this: LINK Thats an uninstaller from adobe website...RUN IT!

AFTER that

Using Regedit (start-->run-->regedit), find the following key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Macromedia\FlashPlayer\SafeVersions.

Right click on the entire SafeVersions folder and delete it.

Close Regedit.

Download the latest flash player at this LINK and install and voilla it probably will work again.

If NOT you can try to do this:

start-->run-->all three 1 by one

regsvr32 wshom.ocx
regsvr32 jscript.dll
regsvr32 urlmon.dll

IF that doesn't work have fun searching with google for the coming 4 days and do trial and errors like me.

By the way lots of websites seems not to be UP TO DATE WITH FLASH PLAYER. For instance speedtest.net/ is not. Mailed them and they told me they were the problem.

Anywayz the first answer is one wich a lot of people are looking for when having problems when flash. Yet this is the first time I share it lets see how populair it gets. I got it hope it helps you yust like me. :cool:

profile.country.en_NL.title
Carelino
Visitor

Oh by the way tell me if it worked.....

Malky3569
Visitor

Hi everyone, thanks for posting replies. I'm currently travelling & using my other laptop. Won't be back to the problem laptop for another couple of weeks.
Will post reply again when I'm back & have tried your suggestions.

coco15man
Visitor

Try this:

1. Open Computer.

2. Navigate to C:\Windows\System32\.

3. Scroll down and open the Macromed directory.

4. Open the Flash directory.

5. Right-click FlashUtil9b.

6. Select Run as Administrator.

7. When the UAC prompt appears, select Continue.

8. Follow the Flash Player installation wizard.