Join now - be part of our community!

Flickering X-Black laptop display - Vaio PCG-K315S

KingGustave
Visitor

Flickering X-Black laptop display - Vaio PCG-K315S

Hi, I have a Sony VAIO X-Black laptop bought in Nov 2004 (model PCG-K315S). Lately, the display has been flickering intermittently - sometimes it's small but noticeable.
Yet others (and I notice these mostly when using a white screen like a blank Word doc or Google screen) are sudden changes in screen brightness.

Before I take this back to the shop, has anyone experienced the same problem with their display, in particular if it's an X-Black LCD? IF so, did you manage to do something to settle the flickering? Assistance gratefully received.

Thanks in advance

KG

14 REPLIES 14
profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

Hi, KG

I have seen a similar thing with a Gerikom laptop. Seems to be a hardware default. Call VAIO-Link for that.

http://www.vaio-link.com/contacts/contacts.asp?l=en

KingGustave
Visitor

Thanks Seb21. They seem to be open only Mon-Fri. Guess I better call them before I take this back to the store. So far it's a small but annoying problem; don't want to be without a computer while they try and fix this.

Best
KG

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Maybe the store can help you have a temporary laptop? Some of them do

profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

Maybe the store can help you have a temporary laptop?  Some of them do

That's a good idea. Because it's in warranty. I would return the VAIO.

Kei
Visitor

I have the same thing. When I close my VAIO and then reopen the lid, the screen flickers and sometimes it flickers a little then goes black. When I nudge or alter the angle of the screen the screen will or might flicker again. What I tend to do is close the lid and reopen again, and with luck (mostly) the screen is okay, yet still vulnerable to flicker.

You think I should take it back in June, after my exams are over? My warranty expires in mid-July 2005.

Jay1
Visitor

I have the same thing. When I close my VAIO and then reopen the lid, the screen flickers and sometimes it flickers a little then goes black. When I nudge or alter the angle of the screen the screen will or might flicker again. What I tend to do is close the lid and reopen again, and with luck (mostly) the screen is okay, yet still vulnerable to flicker.

You think I should take it back in June, after my exams are over? My warranty expires in mid-July 2005.

If it was me i get that repaired asap because if the warrenty expire then it will cost too much get it repaired asap. Plus i have heared on this forum they take there time and bad service so be on the safe side and give it asap. Plus that is a fault which need repairing

TygerTyger
Visitor

Yes, the flicking screen is not uncommon, and requires sending off to Vaio-Link for a tune-up.

Kei
Visitor

Okay guys thanks for the advice, I'll take it to VAIO-Link once my exams are over.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

That sounds like a loose cable