Join now - be part of our community!

Floppy drive trouble

nayash002
Visitor

Floppy drive trouble

My floppy drive isn't working - each time I put in a floppy, i get this message :'Please insert a disk into drive A' . I have gone through the troubleshoot things etc, and I've got nowhere. Help anybody?

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Contact VAIO Link for a pickup

stevep-4
Visitor

Kee-lo is probably right...

However, please let us know your computer model and if you have installed any new drivers.

I had a similar problem on my old PCG-X9. This did not have a Memory Stick slot, so I bougbt and installed a PCMCIA reader. Without reading the grey boxes that can up on the screen (just kept accepting everything without readign the texts) I inadvertently made the memory stick the new "A" drive.

Let us know if you have installed any new hardware devices. It may be that you have done the same.

Secondly, I also found that the drive was not tracking. This was caused by a jumped spring (or similar) so the pick-up head was not tracking over the floppy surface. It kept telling me that the "disc was not formatted and would I like to format now".

If the floppy drive is at fault, you may be able to pick up one from E-bay or similar at a reduced price.