Join now - be part of our community!

Formatting Without Installing Add On's

Jonny_D_1987
Visitor

Formatting Without Installing Add On's

hey guys, just got a lovely vaio yesterday and love it 😄 but i am not happy with all this useless software they have installed 😞 so i am trying to format without installing any of this..... how can i preform a clean install without installing any of this useless software, and only install xp?

thanxs alot guys

jonathan daly

😄

73 REPLIES 73
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi jonathan daly,

Welcome to Club Vaio, :slight_smile:

Follow this recovery guide until you get to point 10..

When you see the prompt to click OK to start the Application Recovery click CANCEL..

Then goto Start, click on Run and enter MSCONFIG. A System Configuartation Window should open, click the Startup tab and deselect VARU.exe, then click Apply and OK..

Hopefully you should not see the Application Recovery prompt... :slight_smile:

Jonny_D_1987
Visitor

thanxs alot 😄

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

You're welcome.. :slight_smile:

Jonny_D_1987
Visitor

one little problem guys... got formatted the way i wanted 😄 but the top keys dont work, the ones where ya need to press FN to use them, the brightness and volume etc..... did i uninstall something?

help lol

profile.country.en_GB.title
robpaxton
Explorer

You need to download the 'Preinstalled utilities' from http://www.vaio-link.com

You should install:

1 Sony Utilities
2 Sony Shared Library
3 Vaio Event Service

Once completed re-boot your vaio. You may have to do this a couple of times.

Depending on how many of the other Sony drivers & utilities you have already installed and the model of your notebook. You may also have to install:

1. Sony Shared Library
2. Sony Notebook Control
3. Sony Programmable I/O Control Device
4. Sony Utilities Library
5. Sony UI Library
6. Sony Extended BIOS Dynamic Link Library
7. VAIO Central
8. VAIO Support Central
9. VAIO Event Service
10. Setting Utility

Try the short list first.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

I'm gonna make this sticky as it's a useful post to other users.

Jonny_D_1987
Visitor

excellent, thank you 😄

theSpid
Visitor

Allright this post is very useful. After clean installation without preforming software recovery, you get windows xp with Northon Internet security and almost all sony lib's with are nescessery to use addicional buttons and etc. But what if i would like to install 1 single program from all that software that vaio provide with laptop.

If you do system recovery without application recovery - vaio recovery tool wont allow you to install single applications (it just wont display the whole list of apps that are avaible, instead it will ask you for full software recovery)

So here's my question. Is there a way to install single (choosen) applications using vaio recovery tool after you preform system recovery without (full) application recovery ?

Jelmer
Visitor

Allright this post is very useful. After clean installation without preforming software recovery, you get windows xp with Northon Internet security and almost all sony lib's with are nescessery to use addicional buttons and etc. But what if i would like to install 1 single program from all that software that vaio provide with laptop. 

If you do system recovery without application recovery - vaio recovery tool wont allow you to install single applications (it just wont display the whole list of apps that are avaible, instead it will ask you for full software recovery)

So here's my question. Is there a way to install single (choosen) applications using vaio recovery tool after you preform system recovery without (full) application recovery ?

I would also like to know this, I want to know if there's a way to only install the CD burning program for example... Anyone?