Join now - be part of our community!

Formatting Without Installing Add On's

Jonny_D_1987
Visitor

Formatting Without Installing Add On's

hey guys, just got a lovely vaio yesterday and love it 😄 but i am not happy with all this useless software they have installed 😞 so i am trying to format without installing any of this..... how can i preform a clean install without installing any of this useless software, and only install xp?

thanxs alot guys

jonathan daly

😄

73 REPLIES 73
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi RoksVempire,

did you follow the guide above as usually the Fn keys should work.. :thinking:

What model Vaio do you have.?

RoksVempire
Visitor

Now works!

I reinstalled Vista with original dvd and I forgot to install vaio utilities...so my last problem is that in my computer I don't see SD icon...I remember that with recovery preinstalled system there were MEMORY STICK + SD...

ripper2712
Visitor

3 days ago a made a clean format to my vaio VGN-NR31E/S and put the vista again!!!

when i was attempt to install some programs from the recovery disks i realise that the vaio update was missing :slight_frown: now what?

i follow that link http://support.vaio.sony.gr/downloads/updates/updates.asp?site=voe_el_GR_cons bat it has the 3.1 and when i am going to install it a message come and say that message :

Error Executing the specified Program

C:\Users\RIPPER~1\AppData\Local\temp\pftD2EC.tmp\setup.exe

press ok to continue
then the same one and close

do you know where i found the vaio update 1.0? or another vertion to work and install to my laptop?

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

3 days ago a made a clean format to my vaio VGN-NR31E/S and put the vista again!!!

Hi ripper2712,

welcome to Club VAIO.. :slight_smile:

Did you install the Sony supplied Vista using the recovery disc's or did you use a retail Vista disc.?