Join now - be part of our community!

Free Upgrade

topbannana
Visitor

Free Upgrade

I think Sony want to start listening to people.

I'm intitled to a free upgrade and i've now been waiting 9 weeks.

If i don't recieve it soon i'm going to get my money back.

Don't tell me it isn't Sony's fault it's Moduslink's fault.

I don't care a fefund will be coming.

I hope people follow suit.

Cheers

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Top Bannana,

We are all feeling your pain but, if the report below is correct, the first disc's should start arriving the 27th February..

Moduslink responds to Vista criticism

Moduslink_upgrade_webpage Moduslink has denied delays in getting Windows Vista upgrade CDs to customers is its fault, instead claiming computer manufacturers are responsible for the 4-8 week delivery time.

I asked Moduslink why eligible Vista express upgrade customers haven't been receiving their CDs and Christine Pothier, marketing and communications manager for Moduslink said: "There seems to be some confusion in the market as to the delivery date.

"We are sending out the product; the delivery time frame is 4-8 weeks - that was a timeframe set by the individual OEMs [original equipment manufacturers]. Our customers should receive the product 4-8 weeks after the general date [Vista launch date]."

When asked about customers being charged multiple times Pothier said "we don't charge any monies until the product ships to the customer" and she said that taking credit card details was just a "reservation" until shipment.

So in a nutshell, Moduslink claims to be not charging customers until 4-8 weeks after January 30th, the Vista launch day, which should mean the very first express upgrade customers should start getting their Vista CDs between February 27th and March 27th.

On the issue of customers being charged multiple times Pothier said "there's nothing wrong with the system; the system is fine" and she went on to say: "What we have seen in some instances that if customers use the wrong address, different from what's held by the bank, then the authorisation process will fail."

When asked why the Moduslink telephone line went down in the first couple of days Pothier responded: "I don't have any specific information on that going down. We are aware that we have had extremely high volumes of calls following the launch. We regret obviously any delays to customers."

Moduslink denied it was ill-prepared for the launch Pothier said: "The volume is extremely high. The volume itself was anticipated but there were some specifically high spikes."

She went on to say additional support staff have been hired and blamed the high volume of calls on customers ringing up about maters unrelated to the ordering process, but still regarding Windows Vista.

When asked about some customers having their Windows XP certificate of authenticity (COA) rejected by Moduslink's system, Pothier said: "At one point some customers were having a problem. The COA was temporarily locked if there was an interruption in [internet] connectivity - the COA would have been locked before the application process was complete."

However she went on to say "we did make some adjustments there" and that it is not a problem for customers anymore. She agreed that customers should try Moduslink's website again if their COA was rejected.

Customer complaints have been widespread following Moduslink's European telephone lines crashing for more than 24 hours following the Vista launch. Dell and Toshiba also had problems but Dell went on to apologise for the difficulties.

apierc1
Visitor

You should be thanking Sony and Moduslink for this rediculous lead time enableing you to continue using your machine without all the Vista problems

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

I think it's pretty much standard from MS, I waited nearly a month for my Student copy of Office when I was in college