Join now - be part of our community!

freezing problems, help please!

profile.country.en_GB.title
Oceana11
Visitor

freezing problems, help please!

hi everyone,

i am new to this community and not an expert when it comes to computers, so please bear with me :wink:

the problem i am having is with my sony vaio laptop model VPCEE3L0E, ATI mobility Radeon HD 4200 Series, with windows 7 home premium edition (service pack 1) installed and it is a 64 bit operating system. I've had this computer for about a year without encountering any problems until 3 days ago when it just started to freeze. The only way i can turn it off is by unplugging it from a power source as nothing else will unfreeze it. Also it will freeze every 5-6 minutes once it has been on.It works fine on safe mode, so i am assuming it isnt a problem with the main drivers? I've checked for clashing software and did the virus scans, restored it to an earlier time,etc but nothing has come up and all drivers seem to be up to date according to the diagnostics. i've tried the assist button my notebook is equipped with but nothing happens or opens up which worries me. I dont have restore cds by the way. Any ideas why this might be happening and suggestions would be deeply appreciated!

Message was edited by: Oceana11

Message was edited by: Oceana11

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.en_GB.title
nikkilim
Visitor

Try to check Event Viewer for system logs. You are correct, there might be a software conflict here.

Control Panel - Admistrative Tools - Event Viewer

Try to look for a consistent sofware that freezes. https://imagicon.info/cat/12-13/vmware_happy.gif

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Oceana11,

This is a difficult one and trouble shooting, as suggested, may possibility resolve the problem but could take hours if not days to identify the culprit.

Even though you haven't created recovery disks you still have the option to recover your notebook to factory settings using the hidden recovery partition - assuming that you have not removed it. To enter the recovery utility tap F10 at boot before you see the Vaio logo.

The recovery process will format the hard drive and consequently you will lose all personal data and third party software so backup any data you need - third party software will have to be reinstalled.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat