Join now - be part of our community!

freezing

jith
Visitor

freezing

my pcg k215z keeps on freezing all the time.....
i dont know why but it does suddently the fan works and everything but nothing else only the power light is on
then i have to hold the power button till it switches itself off and then switch on again......

19 REPLIES 19
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Cal;l VAIO Link and arrange a pickup

feederfan
Visitor

mine does this too! as far as i know there is no solution! if you send it off and it gets fixed, tell me what they do, tis taking the piss if u ask me, i havent got the time to send mine off, i need it every day!

mattbees
Visitor

This is exactly what heppens to mine also, the fan seems to rev up when it happens. REALLY annoying, I have to keep checking up on it to make sure its still responding. Sony wanted me to restore it to factory condition and then they would pick it up if it still happens but thats really inconvenient for me right now. Id also love to hear what they do if you do have it looked at. Hey, maybe if enough ppl complain they might do one of those recall things and give us top spec replacements and loadsa free sony gear to say sorry? Well it migh work, who knows......

feederfan
Visitor

Yeah, but i dont want to send it away! it would take too long to back up 60GB of my data anyway, even over firewire! There might be an easy solution, we just need to find someone who has sent theirs away so we know what sony did to fix it! Ive sent stuff away for repair before and it always, always takes at least 4 weeks to come back! i cant do without my vaio for that long!

jith
Visitor

damn thing happened again while i was reading this post....
i dont know ...cant send it off right now as im gettin massive work load maybe sometime next month i will do
come on all the other users do you also have same problem..
could be anything mine has been on all night last nite playing music but then after i started to use it this morning it has crased so many times i cant even keep track of it

feederfan
Visitor

There is a solution that i have found that does the job, if you leave windows media player open, playing a track on repeat, and leave ur laptop on mute it will keep it alive, as long as you are using the processor it doesnt seem to happen...wierd

mattbees
Visitor

could we set up some kinda poll thing where every 215z user can vote to say if their laptop freezes or not and then when sony notice that 100% of votes are "yes my k215z freezes all the damn time and makes me want to throw it at the wall" they might think "hmm, perhaps there is a problem with a few of our laptops and maybe we should take it a little bit more seriously and come up with something to put it right? after ive had my scones and watched emerdale of course..."

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

There's no polls yet, but if people do have issues with this notebook, we urge you to post.

LEE
Visitor

Well chaps,

got my pcg k215z a little over 3 months ago and have had no problems, touch wood.