Join now - be part of our community!

fringerprint detector

profile.country.en_GB.title
rainchiaska
Visitor

fringerprint detector

Hi peeps, I bought my vaio VPCSA36GG few monthes ago, I use to use the fingerprint detector to turn on my laptop but now it is not working, I checked truesuite and it says no fingerprint detector can be found. Could someone help me with this pls? Many thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi rainchiaska,

This is an Asia Pacific model so you will not find any official support on the Sony Europe site.

Check that ‘Biometric Devices’ is listed in Control Panel. If so double click this and on the next window click ‘Change biometric settings’ – make sure that Biometrics is set to ON and that ‘Allow users to log on to Windows using their fingerprints’ is checked.

Have you checked whether the fingerprint reader is present in Device Manager albeit with a warning symbol indicating that the correct drivers are not installed? The device should be listed under ‘Biometric Devices’ or ‘Unknown Devices’.

If it is present but has a warning symbol you could try reinstalling the driver from Vaio Care or it is available to download from the following link.

http://www.sony-asia.com/support/product/vpcsa36gg

If not present then try uninstalling everything listed in Device Manager under ‘Universal Serial Bus Controllers’ and then reboot. Windows will reinstall all the necessary USB drivers without intervention from you and hopefully the device will then be recognised.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.en_GB.title
rainchiaska
Visitor

Hi rich912, thx for the info! tried everything still not working, guess maybe some wire inside got disconnected? will take it to customer care n try...

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi rainchiaska,

Please let us know the outcome.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat