Join now - be part of our community!

fs195xp

Blob
Visitor

fs195xp

I've had my FS195XP since mid Feb 05 and already the lettering on the keyboard (letter A in particular) has started to erode, as have other letters to a lesser degree. This is not promising !

21 REPLIES 21
profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

:smileyfrustrated: That is not normal.

If you need a laptop for buisness then buy a SonyVAIO B1XP or a other brand like IBM.:smileydevil:

It seems it is a bad time to buy a VAIO, at the moment.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

VAIO-Link are allowed to send upto 5 letters out, so if you want the hard task of replacing it (fiddly more than anything) then open up a case with them.

seb21__
Visitor

5 letters. That's a joke, Kee-Lo.:smileyfrustrated:

I would require a replacing of the complete keyboard.

kee-lo_

5 letters. That's a joke, Kee-Lo.:smileyfrustrated: 

I would require a replacing of the complete keyboard.

Me too !

Twisted-Rizla
Visitor

I'm coming tot he conclusion that Sony keyboards - particularly on laptops and notebooks - are simply not up to the job.

I'm using the keyboard that came with my RZ504 and one or two of the letters are wearing away. One of them is the 'Q' key which hardly gets used:smileysad:

I use a Dell keyboard at work which is over 5-years old and, apart from getting a bit grubby from time to time, the keys are as fresh looking as they did when it arrived.

TygerTyger
Visitor

:smileyfrustrated: That is not normal.

You think so?

If they will only send out 5 keys at a time, rather than in total, I'd just get a hold of them before more than 5 keys need replacing. Then go back again and again as more need it. Or get stickers? I don't know what to suggest really.

Even if they send out enough keys I feel immensely sorry for anyone who has to replace them, they are extremely difficult to get back on after they have come off.

seb21__
Visitor

You think so?

Look at your keys on the keyboard. You can see that the letters are stickers! Now look at your fingers. How often do you wash your fingers?

I couldn't accept shiny spots on a keyboard after a month. No!:smileyfrustrated:
That are cheap quallity. My AMIGA500 was more than 10 years old as I sell them. And there was no shiny spot on the keyboard!

My PCG-FR315S is 2 years old. And there is no shiny spot on the keyboard!

kee-lo_

My RA104 keyboard is fine thank goodness.

The DeLL my parents have the keys are like they were day 1 and it's 1 years old.

seb21__
Visitor

That's what I mean. Sony can't say this is normal.

If I would bought a keyboard for a PC. And I would see a shiny spot after a month, then I would send it back. I would ***** on the money, I would buy a keyboard from a other brand!