Join now - be part of our community!

fs195xp

Blob
Visitor

fs195xp

I've had my FS195XP since mid Feb 05 and already the lettering on the keyboard (letter A in particular) has started to erode, as have other letters to a lesser degree. This is not promising !

21 REPLIES 21
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

I had a cheap keyboard that cost £4 and it didn't wear out

Twisted-Rizla
Visitor

It's not what you should expect from Sony. It's a real bummer infact because I paid good money for my machine (as did everyone else) only to find that some bits are cheap and nasty.

Little things like this changes my perception of Sony.

I thought the brand represented 'Quality':smileysad:

kee-lo_

Absolutely TR, they should do better with the old keys.

TygerTyger
Visitor

Lol Seb. I was implying that it's starting to become normal for Sony.

Except my laptop is in pretty much constant use, and the keyboard is in immaculate condition, although it was replaced after 6 months. I've had the new one just as long though, and it's looking great. Wonder if they have just been cost-cutting lately, that's what it sounds like from various things we hear.

kee-lo_

The GRX keyboard wasn't good, and that was 2 years ago.

profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

Wonder if they have just been cost-cutting lately, that's what it sounds like from various things we hear.

Ahhrg, slow but continuously I think the same. God, I'm happy that my VAIO makes no problems.

TygerTyger
Visitor

Well I recall posting some observations about the latest K series model, they had cut down the features it came with, whilst giving it a higher model number and keeping the price the same. I can't remember offhand what they did, I think they removed wireless LAN as standard and cut the size of the HD.

kee-lo_

Wireless LAN should be on there as standard now....
Even Acer do that on their £500 laptops

profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

You are right TT.

-------------------------------------------
PCG-K115S - 215S

CPU = P4(Nothwood) 2,8GHz
HDD = 60GB

K215S with WLAN
-------------------------------------------
PCG-K315S - K415S

CPU = P4 532 (Prescott) 3GHz
HDD = 40GB

K315S without WLAN
K415S with 60GB HDD and WLAN

Graphicscard and RAM is the same since K115S.

LOL, a similar thing with my PCG-FR315. They have only changed the 2,66GHz CPU with a 2,8GHz CPU and called that FR-415S.

Eugenepang
Visitor

ahh buy a sticker (alphabet) amd stick on it... i think that will last longer.. :smileygrin: