Join now - be part of our community!

Function Keys

Fisal
Visitor

Function Keys

Hi,

My blue secondary function keys do not work anymore on my VAIO V505AP. I followed the 'standard' recipe mentioned in earlier threads, i.e.
1 Sony Utilities (Installer folder 1)
2 Sony Shared Library (Installer folder 2)
3 Vaio Event Service (Installer folder 5)

As I do not have a VAIO Event Service folder I used the UI Library . After repeating the procedure five times, still no working function keys. Who can help please?

Albert

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Albert and welcome to Club Vaio.

Unfortunately you have hit one of the many vagaries of the Sony utilities/drivers!

I am not familiar with your model but have you tried re-installing Sony PI (pre-installed drivers)?

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
Fisal
Visitor

Hello Rich,

thanks for the reply. I reinstalled the SonyPI driver (under device manager with the Sony Programmable I/O Device), but to no avail.

Is there anything else I can try?

Albert

ppb1987
Visitor

Hey guys- I'm having exactly the same problem with ym VGN-FS215z. my s-button keys no longer work, neither does my function (FN) key on my keyboard. I don't know what to do to fix this, as the steps which Rich reccomended aren't working...! 😞 any futher suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Paul

Fisal
Visitor

Hi Rich,
I found the 'hotkey utility' somewhere on my recovery disk; I reran the file setup in this folder and now the Fn keys work again. Thanks for your input.
Albert