Join now - be part of our community!

Future Vaio

induct
Visitor

Future Vaio

Hi All,

I have had my A297XP for 2 years now and it has been an absolute gem, very trusty and reliable machine.

It is now time to change. I have been keeping my eye out for a replacement machine and there seems to be nothing comparable. The AR range with the same 17" LCD seems physically allot larger than my A297XP (plus no Prof however will wait for Vista) and BX range doesn't blow my mind with its looks.

Does anyone know whether there will be a new range that is comparable to my A series?

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
peter4654
Visitor

You're looking for something reliable, cool, slim, sexy, well made and utterly entrancing with a 17" scrren, Right? A MacBook Pro should do...Psst, if you buy an iPod as well, you'll get a FREE windows virus with it. But HURRY, stocks are limited

profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

The A series has a nice design. Better than the AR series, which looks more standard + latest greatest hardware inside, IMO. Unique design is very important today where most manufacturers using same base for their products to keep prices little.

I would like to see a new bright design made by Sony too. :four_leaf_clover:

induct
Visitor

You're looking for something reliable, cool, slim, sexy, well made and utterly entrancing with a 17" scrren, Right? A MacBook Pro should do...Psst, if you buy an iPod as well, you'll get a FREE windows virus with it. But HURRY, stocks are limited

I Don't think Mac 17" LCD goes up to 1920x1200. I like them, but all my official software is pc driven. 😞

I'll have a look at Tosh, but I'm not convinced.

Many Thanks All

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Hey Induct, ltns :slight_smile:

Sorry I'm not keen on the VAIOs out there at the moment, they're OK, but Vista is round the corner and I KNOW Sony will make better laptops for that

peter4654
Visitor

The native resolution of the MacBook Pro is 1680x1050. It also runs Windows XP on a separate partition. Your choice of which you boot into. There's no reason why you can't have the best of Mac and the worst of Windows on the one machine. All Macs now run Windows.

induct
Visitor

Hey Induct, ltns :slight_smile: 

Sorry I'm not keen on the VAIOs out there at the moment, they're OK, but Vista is round the corner and I KNOW Sony will make better laptops for that

Hi Kee-Lo, yeah it has been some time since I have been here. Glad to see you keeping the posts going strong.

I'm not stunned by their products either. I'm quite liking the idea of a MacBook Pro. Mmmmmmm :slight_smile:

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Haha me too, I'm going to wait until February and see whether Leopard comes out and whether it's better than the Vista laptops.