Join now - be part of our community!

FW11ZU drivers needed!

chris-kay
Visitor

FW11ZU drivers needed!

Hi, all!

First of all, I would like to point out that this "forum" doesn't really deserve its name as it lacks of the most basic feature of a proper forum such as a decent search engine. But after this weekend with my new Sony FW11ZU that doesn't surprise me anymore.

I have tried to google all over the place and work myself through the posts here on the forum. But I haven't been too lucky, that's why I opened a new thread.

My problem is simple as well as ridiculous:

I bought this notebook together with a bigger harddrive as the original one is not the best. I had checked already that Sony would provide drivers for seperate download - which they do. So I demolished the recovery partition because I already had plans for the "old" hdd, built in the new one, installed a clean Vista from my DVD and startet installing the drivers... and now guess what...

THE DRIVERS FROM THE SONY SUPPORT PAGE ARE F***ING INCOMPLETE!!!

I wouldn't mind too much about any third party drivers as one can find them easily at the manafuctureres' websites... BUT WHAT ARE PEOPLE SUPPOSSED TO DO IN TERMS OF MEMERORSTICK SLOT AND FUNCTION KEYS/HOTKEYS??? I just wonder what people should do when they want to upgrade their harddrives, operating systems (i. e. windows 7 next year...) or whatever...

I will phone up Sony support on monday right away claiming proper driver support, or else...

BUT:if someone of you guys has the complete drivers from the recovery partition, you would make me really, really happy!! I was looking forward to this beauty so much. And now I feel depressed as I screwed it up only because I thought Sony was reliable...

Sad...

0 REPLIES 0