Join now - be part of our community!

FW21M - Set up 2 extrenal HD's through expresscard for Video editing 720p Adobe Premiere

profile.country.en_GB.title
sfecondi
Visitor

FW21M - Set up 2 extrenal HD's through expresscard for Video editing 720p Adobe Premiere

AIM: Edit  720p 60 frames on Adobe Premiere by using 3 seperate HD's. Internal to run premiere then 2 external drives. 1 to source the clips the other to output the edited clips. Expesscard slot can handle 250 MB/s.

esata runs at 300MB/s and  FW800 runs at 98MB/s. I want to get the most out of the 250MB/s the Expresscard can handle:

If I buy an expresscard with 2 esata ports on it and connect it to 2 esata drives. And set up video editing for 720p files so that all the source clips are on 1 esata drive and all the output clips is on the other esata drive and i use my internal drive just to run the application like adobe premier how will the speed of the 2 esata drives be divided?

will it allocate 125mb/s for each of the 2 drives that are running through the expresscard slot?

Im trying to figure if it would be better to have a 2 esata port expresscard or a 1 esata expresscard or a 2 port FW800 expresscard, but that would only deliver 98MB/s per slot compared to esata running 300. Even though the slot can only handle 125MB/s if it was equally distributed between 2 drives. 250MB/s if i used a single drive but then I would have to use the internal drive to export to and that would slow everything

What do u recommend??

Thanks

Simon

0 REPLIES 0