Join now - be part of our community!

GeForce Go 6200 TC on S3XP

ulilbc
Visitor

GeForce Go 6200 TC on S3XP

I bought the S2XP several months ago and it worked beautifully, specially for gaming. The ATi 9700 was unreal, a real beauty. I sold the S2XP and bought the S3XP. The system itself is a lot better with new Centrino architecture, SATA hard disk and 128Mb GPU. The problem is that Im really disappointed with Sony. I purchased the Vaio S3XP expecting even better gaming experience on an ultra-portable laptop, but the GeForce 6200 cant keep up with the Ati 9700. I find it very hard to find the appropiate drivers and most games dont run properly. The question is, anyone know where to get better drivers for this GPU? Please let me know if you know any... Cheers
ulilbc

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

Awwwwe,.......

...Excuse me, ulilbc

But the GeForce Go 6200 TC has not 128MB VRAM!

Do you see the TC behind the 6200? TC means TurboCache, but seb21 has called it TurboFake. Why?

Because this Graphic card has only 32MB VRAM! If the RAM is full, then the graphics card use the other 96MB from the slow system RAM.

That's why the RADEON 9700 was faster. Because the RADEON has real 64MB VRAM. Sony has change these Graphics card because VRAM is expensive. And the Pentium M 760 CPU cost more than 100¿ more than the 745 CPU. I think the S3XP would be more expensive with the RADEON card.

Drivers look here:

http://www.omegadrivers.net

But use it with you own risk.

BTW: the S2XP has the same Centrino architecture. Only 200MHz less.

ulilbc
Visitor

You are right about the TC. What I meant by different architecture of the Centrinos between S2XP and the S3XP is that the 760 has 533Mhz of Front side bus, while the 745 has 400Mhz. Peace out,
ulilbc

profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

What I meant by different architecture of the Centrinos between S2XP and the S3XP is that the 760 has 533Mhz of Front side bus, while the 745 has 400Mhz

That's true.