Join now - be part of our community!

Get CD info

Ange_Bellis
Visitor

Get CD info

Hi

I'm having problems getting CD info (SS 3.2), the message comes up "unable to retrieve CD info because the selected album was not created by importing a CD"...except that it was created by importing a CD! Can anyone help me? i also had this problem with SS 2.3 (although i don't know whether the problem is software related or not) - furthermore, when i downloaded CDs onto SS 2.3 it categorised some of them as playlists rather than albums...are these problems linked and can they be resolved?

Cheers to all you patient people - new technology isn't always intuitive to me...!

Ange

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Hi Ange

Are you getting the CD info before you import it to SS?
It won't work after, as it's got no CD to check against

Ange_Bellis
Visitor

Yes, i'm requesting CD info before recording to my library. It brings up the pop-up about gracenote and asks if i want to register - if i click yes, the pop-up disappears, nothing else happens and the tracks remain untitled.

nickkr
Visitor

Sounds like your firewall may be blocking SS/Gracenote access to the web ..

kee-lo_

Yep thats the problem

Ange_Bellis
Visitor

I disabled the firewall and imported the CD again but still no joy with the CD info. Even when i input the CD info manually and transfer the tracks to the player, albums still appear as "untitled". When you select an album on the player by a particular artist, the songs displayed are from a number of different artists as well. Are these problems linked? As long as the tracks and albums are sorted properly on the player, i'm not bothered about the amount of time it takes to programme it manually - just a bit of a ballache. After i downloaded SS 3.2, i could see that some of my albums had been labelled as playlists even though they're not. Any clues?! unfortunately, i got this player to take travelling with me around the world (in 3 weeks!) so i wanna try and get this sorted asap if possible. Thanks for all your help so far - muchos appreciated!!

kee-lo_

That's a real pain.
Which firewall is it?