Join now - be part of our community!

Getting fullscreen on a PCG-K415B

mogwai
Visitor

Getting fullscreen on a PCG-K415B

Hello all,

I did a search on this question to no avail. Anyway, I have got Suse Linux installed as a dual-boot on my machine (using Grub). Everything works perfectly. However, the screen seems to be in 640 480 resolution. i.e. text is small and massive black borders. I know that this is a bois option (one of those hidden ones). Does anyone know how to change this?

Any advise would be great.

Thanks in advance - Mogwai

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi mogwai and welcome to Club Vaio.

I don’t know anything about Linux but I can tell you that any useful features in the BIOS have been disabled by Sony, so that route is probably closed to you.

Not sure whether this will help, but have a look here as it makes reference to Kickstart Configurator (whatever that is) and xconfig to define the resolution.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
mogwai
Visitor

Hi mogwai and welcome to Club Vaio.

I don’t know anything about Linux but I can tell you that any useful features in the BIOS have been disabled by Sony, so that route is probably closed to you.

Not sure whether this will help, but have a look here as it makes reference to Kickstart Configurator (whatever that is) and xconfig to define the resolution.

Hi Rich912.

Thanks for the welcome. And an even bigger thanks for that information. I will have a look at that and see what I can edit.

It's seems to be a pretty cool place here.

Thanks again!!!!!!

Mogwai

profile.country.en_GB.title
robpaxton
Explorer

Normally the display expansion option is left enabled in the BIOS. It's usually called Display Stretch, Expand or some such similar thing.