Join now - be part of our community!

GHOST 10

slyfield
Visitor

GHOST 10

Hi B_A_K
VA10 TX3PH/W
I was interested in your comments about Norton Ghost 10, I myself had a few ups and downs with restoring programs, as this program will not interfere with the VA10 environment its worth un-installing as the other members recommend,
The VA10´S, do use some basic programs and some do needs un-installing if you don’t need them but I do think you should consider installing your own copy of Norton Ghost 10 it is quite accurate. The VA10 restore its files and folder , the main system restore will take you back to virgin state as when you first purchase the machine, there is a application restore program found in the All programs VA10 recovery application where you have two choices sys recovery or make a recovery CD of some of the pr-install programs such as Click to DVD, insert disk to run this prog after creation, Norton will create points in days or month of recovery or total system recovery which will restore your system up to the day before your system starts giving trouble. If you download make sure you add the box backup, if all goes well you should get 2 disks 1 of 95/98/ 2000 and NT the 2nd one XP and Win 2000, on the XP one is NORTON´S RESTORE sys, two functions, insert to install Norton and if you restart the computer with the disk in the drive after the VA10 LOGO you will get three beeps press any key before the third beep, starting with CD, will bring you into Norton’s recovery environment as with ghost panel as with Windows running, if no keys is press Windows will start instead. Chose the date point before the failure click sys recovery and Wala back to normal, some of the folders and files in Folder and File recovery will not recover some application setting so this is the best I find. Good luck

FRED.

0 REPLIES 0