Join now - be part of our community!

got some serious problems with my vaio pocket

vinniencio
Visitor

got some serious problems with my vaio pocket

since the day i update my vaio with that firmware. My vaio has been acting very weird. there are 2 things:
- since 3 months ago my vaio has crashed about 12 times. There was a noise that was like stuck. i could put it off, i couldn't skipp the songs. I only can reset it so i did
- and since the last 2 weeks the songs seem the get stuck it is like the song was playing but it repeated a part of the song every second
. Now this i didn't need to reset i just skipp that song and it works again

maybe someone can tell me what i can do if there is no solution to it.Then it is probably broken
and then i will bring it back to the store.
thanks for your help people

10 REPLIES 10
JacquesMaillot
Visitor

I would not hesitate to take it back to the shop, provided that you are still on guaranty-period. It seems as if the hard disk has faulty tracks that can not be read. Maybe I am wrong...try the authorized service anyway! Best of luck!

chris_lewis
Visitor

All I can suggest is to transfer everything back to your PC, Initialise your player and manually transfer your albums, the auto transfer has never worked properly for me.

C

Sol
Visitor

Hi, i've got a big problem as well, maybe because of the firmware. I just bought my Vaio Pocket yesterday and it has already crashed tonight ! I had just downloaded the firmware and it worked perfectly at the beginning, but then a few hours later i started trying all the different possibilities in the menu while listening to a song, and the system didn't answer at one moment. I tried to put it off but the screen has stayed on "Mise hors tension" ("Putting off" in english). I have tried to connect it to the base but the screen stays frozen. That really annoys me because now I have to let it like that until tomorrow, when the battery is empty. If this happens one more time, either I give it back to the shop, or I delete the firmware (if it's possible !). You should do the same. Why not asking Sony about that ?

vinniencio
Visitor

Sol
you don't need to wait untill the battery is empty there is a small reset button on your vaio
By the way my vaio doesn't works at all now
Cause i formatted it and now it doesn't reply at all even not the reset button

Sol
Visitor

Thanks vinniencio ! but i don't understand where is this damn button, there is a screw on the right of the "Hold button". I can't find it !

vinniencio
Visitor

there is a very small hole in your vaio that is the reset button

vinniencio
Visitor

opposit of the hold button ( next to the input for your docking station)
you need to use something smaal like a needle and or a clip and put it in the whole and then push it 🙂

Sol
Visitor

Yep i got it ! The reset button has changed of place since the first series of Vaio Pocket, and of course in the instruction manual there is still the old one with the reset button on the top of the machine (like that http://carlo.capone.free.fr/vaio/final.jpg ), whereas now it's on the opposite side... thank you Sony for updating your manuals...

Sol
Visitor

Yeah that worked, thanks for your help ! One should always have a needle when he carries his Vaio, it may be very useful;-)