Join now - be part of our community!

Graphic card fails constantly (FR315s)

shafghah
Visitor

Graphic card fails constantly (FR315s)

Hi
I used to have the very common flickering problem with my laptop so I sent it to sony and they replaced it for me.
Since I have got it back, I have had several problems where the computer would just freeze and I would have to restart the computer. This happens alot when I'm playing games.
In other occasions when windows is booting, before I get the welcome screen, a blue background page appears and the computer is restarted automatically. And after this windows would run fine but I would get one of these 'serious problem's where u can send or dont send. When I click send, It sometimes says the problem was possibly caused by norton antivirus and sometimes it says it was a hardware failure. I am very dissappointed with this because before I sent it for repair I didnt have these problems and I also didnt have a dent and so many scratches on the back of the screen!!
Any ideas?? should I send it back for repair.
Sorry for the terrible grammar by the way I'm kind of in a rush.

My laptop is PCG-FR315S and my OS is windows XP. not many other programs installed.

3 REPLIES 3
shafghah
Visitor

Oh and by the way, a few days ago, I had the headphone connected to the headphone jack, and when I removed it, the computer speaker didnt work any more. But the headphone would still work.
The next morning I connected the headphone and disconnected it again, and the speaker was working again!!
I dont know what has happened to it. I am just so unhappy with sony's service.

TygerTyger
Visitor

Sorry to say but you will have to send it back. Make your complaints known to them via E-support or the numbers @ www.vaio-link.com. I haven't really heard of things going quite so badly when people have sent things in for repair so I'm sure it would turn out fine if you sent it back. It's just a big inconvenience.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

As Tyger says, send it in...