Join now - be part of our community!

HAL.DLL FILE CORRUPT OR MISSING (SOLVED, SEE LAST MESSAGE)

Dylan-Bob
Visitor

HAL.DLL FILE CORRUPT OR MISSING (SOLVED, SEE LAST MESSAGE)

Dear VAIO-users,

Instead of using the VAIO recovery kit, I used True Image to make a back-up of my C-drive. I also made a bootable CD of True Image and of Partition Expert. After doing this, I deleted the (hidden) Recovery Partition and resized the three partions on my HD with Partition Expert.

The result of these actions is a HAL.dll error, which makes it impossible to use my VAIO. Many solutions are offered for this problem on the internet (via Google). But my problem is that I have no Windows recovery CDs and that I have not made a recovery kit with the software on my VAIO (as I thought the True Image back-up would do).

Unfortunately, putting the image of my C-drive (which was made when everything worked fine) back on my VAIO did not end the HAL.dll error. While putting an image back on my C-drive of my desktop has saved me a lot of trouble in the past.

I checked the image of my C-drive and that includes the HAL.dll file. So I guess that the problem is a corrupt and not a missing HAL.dll file. Changing parameters in the BOOT.INI file of my VAIO is mentioned in some forums as a possible solution. The bootable CDs give me still the opportunity to put images back at my VAIO and to change the size and other parameters of my partitions.

I hope that one of you knows how to solve the HAL.dll error.

Thanks in advance for your support!

12 REPLIES 12
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

:laughing:

I certainly don't.

profile.country.GB.title
lyapple
New

Ah, but does he listen to you?:smileyhappy:

profile.country.en_GB.title