Join now - be part of our community!

Heat dissipation of VAIO VGN-S4HP

kati-hesan
Visitor

Heat dissipation of VAIO VGN-S4HP

Hi everyone! Nice to be here..!!!

Anyhow, was wondering if anyone could advise...Just bought a brand new version of the S series notebook and am quite worried at the amount of heat that dissipates around where the power source cable hooks in..

In anyone elses experience, is this normal??? I mean if you put your hand directly un the underside of where the power source hooks into the VAIO, it is EXTREMELY hot....

Is this normal? Can I reduce this by changing the settings within the power source area of XP (desktop settings etc) OR is this something that is normal for a machine such as this?

All advice welcomed!

Kati-Hesan:smileysad:

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.en_GB.title
tonybeard
Explorer

Welcome to the Forum
Try this temperature meter Mobile Meter to keep an eye on the system temperature. 45 to56 degrees is a good idle temperature and up to 74 degrees is possible when the CPU is working hard scanning. Try to ventilate the lappie as much as possible and go to the task manager to see if you have anything unneccessary running. Also check your power management settings and keep your fan on performance. Defragment and generally keep the system healthy and very well ventilated

kee-lo_

Isn't this a double post?

tonybeard
Explorer

What I wasted a lew and offensive picture on a double poster. Some people forget to wear clothes others double post LOL

GBS
Visitor

Looks like its the fellas 1st post...:smileygrin: :smileygrin: :smileygrin:

Do as Tony has mentioned above and set it to run at lower speeds. I recommend adaptive rather than performance.

Go: Start>Control Panel>Power Options>Vaio Power Management

Set: CPU Control - adaptive Thermal Control - performance

HTH

tonybeard
Explorer

Ahhh you are so wise GB How are the little 'uns asleep I hope. I surpose the space shuttle interest has completely gone and the young lad is into the new firefly mobile phones for kiddies.

kee-lo_

Ooops sorry about that
How about getting a notebook cooler?

GBS
Visitor

Ahhh you are so wise GB How are the little 'uns asleep I hope. I surpose the space shuttle interest has completely gone and the young lad is into the new firefly mobile phones for kiddies. 

ROFL.