Join now - be part of our community!

HELP!!!!!!!!!!! How to change LANGUAGE?

parisgilles
Visitor

HELP!!!!!!!!!!! How to change LANGUAGE?

Hello to all. Bought a Sony Vaio in Italy so it speaks Italian 🙂 I need to change it to English. The support team informed me simply that there was no way to change the language settings, I am still under shock! The salesman who sold me the Notebook confirmed that it was possible to change the Italian language to English. I have a VGN-N11M...THANX for anyone who could HELP....

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi parisgilles and welcome to Club Vaio.

As far as I am aware, the Microsoft MUI language packs are only available with XP Pro and Vista Ultimate. There was talk of this facility being added to XP MCE as many non-English versions of MCE are in fact the English version with MUI.

I have not heard of anyone with MCE being able to download the MUI language packs - unless anyone else here knows differently?

:cry:

profile.country.en_GB.title
iafergu17
Visitor

I have XP Media edition 2005, when you right click on the taskbar and go to the toolbars drop down list, there is one in there called language bar which has several language options in it. Not sure if this will help you or not or even if it relevant.

parisgilles
Visitor

Thank you Blencogo for your help. So you advise me to buy an XP Pro in order to get the MUI language packs...Do you think I can do the upgarde online? I'll check it out anyway!