Join now - be part of our community!

Help Please! My vaio VGP WKB5GB has a blank screen and emits 3 short beeps on start up. I have had 3 different diagnosis and do not know who to believe. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

profile.country.en_GB.title
Lisam2111
Visitor

Help Please! My vaio VGP WKB5GB has a blank screen and emits 3 short beeps on start up. I have had 3 different diagnosis and do not know who to believe. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

:cry:

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Depending on which BIOS you have, it could be one of: -

1.  A Video Error

2.  A Memory Error

3.  A Keyboard Error

Have you changed or increased the RAM recently?  You could try reseating the memory modules or running a memory test (memtest).

Have you updated the graphics driver recently?

Which Graphics Adapter do you have -I cannot check as I'm afraid you are quoting the wrong model type.  WKB5GB is the Keyboard Type.  Is there a model type on the screen surround - something starting VGC- or VPC- ?

:thinking:

Lisam2111
Visitor

Hi Blencogo,

Thank you so much for your assistance. Your questions prompted me to investigate further.

My model number is VGC-LA2

And the beeps that it emitts are 1 long and 2 short beeps. I have replaced the batteries in the keyboard with new ones to no avail.

No, I have not made any recent changes to the sytem by way of RAM or Graphics....

Any further assitance would be gratefully appreciated.

Regards

:slight_frown:

mathewlisett
Visitor

i would say go get hold of the hirens cd, burn to disc, insert and reboot. then select hirens from the menu . then go select memtest to select the testing of the memory.

profile.country.el_GR.title
HelpDisc
Visitor

Hi,

Could it be that the hard drive is having problems? Let me know maybe I can help..

mathewlisett
Visitor

the OP could try all the tools on the hirens cd, which include the hard drive health tests, aswella s system tests to see if eve the motherboard is correctly operating