Join now - be part of our community!

Help with DVD issue..... please!!

bellyfluffer
Visitor

Help with DVD issue..... please!!

Hi all

I bought a vaio v2s last year and was very happy until the dvd drive seemed to develop a disturbing new personality, gone was the always happy to play attitude youngster and instead was the tempermental teenager im stuck with now!!!! ( Hmmmm not sure if that last paragraph is about my vaio or my son!! 😉

Explanation....

2 weeks ago the dvd drawer itself wouldnt eject by pushing the button and instead would just pop open randomly every couple of days, I must note that at this point there was no dvd in the drive and no attempt to play one. Then today i found that I could happily eject by either using the paperclip method in the weephole or by using the 'my computer' and 'devices' options to 'eject this disk' however there is no noise whatsoever from the drive and it doesnt seem to reconize anything i put in it, dvd, cd, etc.

There are no error messages and in 'device manager' there are no stated problems, it just says 'working properly'.

Im no computer genius but no idiot either so any advice or help would be greatly appreciated!

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

The problem is maybe a bad connection or it is just died. :neutral:

bellyfluffer
Visitor

Is there a way to check these two options?

One other bit of info that I forgot was that 'accidently' the draw was left open for 2 days unnoticed (due to the positioning of it on the v2s)before it started playing up, I wouldnt have thought this could affect it but better to mention it!

Thanks again for all help

bellyfluffer
Visitor

New development.........

For the first time just now, I switched on the v2s and all seemed ok, the drawer ejected at the push of the button (1st time in 2weeks) and the dvd worked fine. I put a dvd in and it played..... for about 30secs and then automatically ejected and is now back to the above status i.e. non responsive to anything!!!!

So does this make a difference on possible ideas of what the problem is?

Thanks