Join now - be part of our community!

Help - WLAN not working!

bellaruby
Visitor

Help - WLAN not working!

Hi all,

Just bought my LT1S yesterday and I have to say it looks fab.

Only problem is that when I start it up the WLAN light comes on but when its finished booting up it goes off. This means I can't connect wirelessly and when I ask it to diagnose it tells me I need to switch the WLAN on which it already is.

Any ideas?

Thanks
:thinking:

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi bellaruby and welcome to the forum.

I am not familiar with the LT1S, but assuming that the wireless switch is on then you should see a Wireless LAN icon in the system tray. Double click this and make sure that “Enable 2.4GHz Wireless LAN” is ticked (5GHz should be unticked), then click apply.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.en_GB.title
tonybeard
Explorer

Vista is glitchy. Go into the device manager by right clicking My computer>properties and on the left pane go into Device manager and open the tree for the network adapter and for the lan device right click and disable and re enable. This may require you to disable and reboot then re enable to convince the device it wants to work

bellaruby
Visitor

Thanks for the reply, have disabled restarted then enabled and restarted again have
still got the same problem the wlan light goes out after a few seconds once i have restarted,any other ideas i could try?
Thanks.

profile.country.en_GB.title
tonybeard
Explorer

Maybe it is the firewall. Go into your firewalls program control and allow anything with Vaio or Sony.

Interesting - a similar problem has occurred on mine. Appears to be on the face of it a preposterous conflict between the WLAN Switch and the VAIO default screensaver. Not being prepared to go through the system restore process too often I have disabled the screensaver function in Vista until Sony issue some kind of fix to the problem. Have raised this through e-support and will post back if and when they respond.

I haven't tried any of the other screensavers yet on the basis that it may be a software/hardware conflict generic to Vista and the WLAN switch.

Incidentally, it is also worth ensuring that Norton is switched out when using system restore in these circumstances - otherwise it doesn't work and you're back at square one. Only by trawling through the web did I find this out - and after a full system backup and clean Vista install.

Has anyone experienced this problem with any version of Vista other than Home Premium?