Join now - be part of our community!

Help!

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
James-Whitehouse
Visitor

Help!

I recently had to restore back to factory settings and i couldnt back up my files on to my external hard drive so i continued and now it has no operating system on it just a blank screen saying "Operating System Not Found" is there anything i can do?

My model notebook is a: VPCEF2E1E/WI

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Do you not have an option to backup to an external drive, DVD or D drive (assuming that you have one. As you have already proceeded once with the restore procedure the chances are that all data has been erased.

If you no longer require the data then proceed by skipping all options until the recovery starts.

If you are unable to backup by any of the above methods then remove the hard drive, place it in a caddy, and see whether there is any data left by connecting this to another PC.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi James,

Did you try tapping F10 at boot, when you see the Vaio logo, as suggested in response to you PM request for help?

If this fails to work and also booting from the recovery disks it would suggest a faulty hard drive. Is the hard drive recognised by the BIOS (tap F2 at boot to enter the BIOS settings).

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.en_GB.title
James-Whitehouse
Visitor

Im on vaio care rescue now but i have no where to store the files for recovery :l

Message was edited by: James-Whitehouse

Message was edited by: James-Whitehouse

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Do you not have an option to backup to an external drive, DVD or D drive (assuming that you have one. As you have already proceeded once with the restore procedure the chances are that all data has been erased.

If you no longer require the data then proceed by skipping all options until the recovery starts.

If you are unable to backup by any of the above methods then remove the hard drive, place it in a caddy, and see whether there is any data left by connecting this to another PC.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat