Join now - be part of our community!

Hibernation problem

Nerm
Visitor

Hibernation problem

Hi a while ago the righthand locking peg snapped off on my FS115S, since then whenever i close the lid on my lappy it does not hibernate. is there a micro switch in the righthand locking socket.

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Nerm,

Yes there is a small pressure switch on the right side locking socket which the peg activates.

You could set your power button to hibernate and press that just before you close your Vaio.

Nerm
Visitor

Hi thanks for your quick reply i thought as much, can you tell me is exspensive to fix

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Nerm,

You can sorce the part from Nexttronics in the USA, I think the part you need is ref:63 Part no:2-546-200-01 Description:MS01 LCD HOOK see more information here

Not sure how easy it is to fit though. :slight_smile:

Nerm
Visitor

Hi again thanks for the links very usefulll and ive saved to favs, cheers matey.
i get the feeling its not for the DIY-er...lol

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Possibly not, however it may be worth checking with a good local PC repairer, if you sourced the part yourself, how much they would charge to fit for you. :slight_smile:

That may well be cheaper than sony would charge to do the job.:smileywink:

mrpinky
Visitor

Norm
Mine has just fallen off as well, but I am just inside the warrenty period so I am sending it back to Sony to check that it is covered.The way it has broken is in the same direction that the micro switch is closed. The guy at Sony intimated that they have had a few back with the same problem so it looks like a design fault.