Join now - be part of our community!

How eliminate hidden partition!!!

nunziovaio
Visitor

How eliminate hidden partition!!!

Please, I am newbie.
Hi to everyone.
Can I eliminate, and recovery free space on hard disk, the hidden partition on my VGN-FS315M ?
Thank you very much and scuse me for my english language.

14 REPLIES 14
El_Andaluz
Visitor

Hi, well i had this problem too...
You can eliminate it, when you re-install de OS. For example, i re-installed the Windows XP Pro. and during the installation you come to the partitions menu, where you can see all the partitions. Now you can delete all and create a new partition to install the OS or you can delete the hidded partition.
If you have any questions, don't hecitate to ask.

Saludos

tdw197
Visitor

Hi,

may be a bit of a simple question, but if i follow the instructions on sonys website, will it format the whole drive, and hence lose all progs/data?

Tom

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Please, I am newbie.
Hi to everyone.
Can I eliminate, and recovery free space on hard disk, the hidden partition on my VGN-FS315M ?
Thank you very much and scuse me for my english language.

Hi nunziovaio,

Welcome to Club Vaio, :slight_smile:

You can delete the recovery partition by simply following these instructions.

If you are going to delete your recovery partition, it may be wise to have at least two sets of System Recovery Discs in case one gets damaged, etc. :wink:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi,

may be a bit of a simple question, but if i follow the instructions on sonys website, will it format the whole drive, and hence lose all progs/data?

Hi Tom

It depends on what instuctions you follow and what type recovery you intend to perform, have a look at this guide for further information, no. 6 may be of interest.

diskostu
Visitor

hi, without re-install SO you can do that using a program as PARTITION MAGIC with this great program you can delete/create partitions, resize partition ecc.
on my new FE11M i have do this:

- deleted recovery partition
- reduced C space to 25gb
- increased D space to 70gb

All without lost any kind of files.
naturally i did this after created recovery disks

bye:smileyhappy:

tdw197
Visitor

Ok!

I thought about it, but am always a bit wary of using third party partition manager, but if you say it'll work...............

thanks, tom

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Backup vital data

tdw197
Visitor

too right...........

just finished recovering my C drive, still runs much faster now

very good advice

Tom

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Tom,

Did you remove the hidden partition or just complete a system recovery?