Join now - be part of our community!

How Many Hours Would This Give?????

a7med_360
Visitor

How Many Hours Would This Give?????

The Sony Vaio AR21s Batter Life Is really Short only 1HR and 30MIN im thinking of buying this http://shop.sonystyle-europe.com/SonyStyle/b2c/deeplink.do?s=external&ss=buy&countryId=GB&languageId... however it says between 4-8hours depending on the model of the laptop anyone know how much it will give for the AR21s?

6 REPLIES 6
Dekesh
Visitor

i would prob say 3-4 hours at most. that is prob setting the power scheme for optimized battery life

a7med_360
Visitor

+ the AR series use up alot of battery life but u said 3-4 with optimized scheme but according to what they are saying is that 4-8 depends on model and usage how do they come up to this conclusion do they try it out according with optimized power or just use the machine to the max????

Dekesh
Visitor

i doubt that u can get 8 hours out of any laptop on max so guess they must put some limtations on performance to achieve those advertised battery times. and on the AR series I doubt you can get any more than 4 hours unless you have a nuclear power station connected to it or something.lol

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi a7med_360

You may find this of interest.. How does Sony determine the battery autonomy

a7med_360
Visitor

thanks thalmus, so im gonna take it 4 hours for least amount of usage therefore paying £200+ for and half an hour or and hour more:S

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

You're welcome a7med_360..

At a guess I would say if you get 1.30 hours on a standard battery you could possibly expect 3+ hours on the longer life battery, but that is only a guess... :slight_frown: