Join now - be part of our community!

HOW SUPPORTIVE IS YOUR VP CRADLE BRACKET?

floody
Visitor

HOW SUPPORTIVE IS YOUR VP CRADLE BRACKET?

:slight_smile: Having just purchased a 40GB VP I am not impressed with the standard of the semi circle bracket. If I touch the G pad without holding the top of the VP the bracket would fall over. It appears the bracket clicks into place far too early and at the wrong angle. I am sorry Sony but it is a cheap method of supporting this machine especially the price you want us to pay. Why not have a firmer charging cradle as with Hi MD Players. Anyone else having this problem.

8 REPLIES 8
Pentagram
Visitor

You do realise that you have to click it down and then push the semi circle bracket towards the cradle to lock it. If you do this I can't possibly see how it can fall over.

P.S. Read the manual and look for the illustrations for setting up the cradle :wink:

floody
Visitor

I will read the instructions next time (even for the basic things such as fitting the bracket correctly). I take my comments back SONY

floody
Visitor

I visited my local Sony dealer (3rd time this week). Even they were unaware of fitting the bracket correctly on their display VP model. If they have trouble what chance have we got.

Cala
Visitor

It's still a weak assed cradle though. Very plasticky and I wonder how long it will take to wear out the click bracket... then what?:smileyconfused:

dmslider
Visitor

You pansie.... I Have never had a problem with my "weak cradle" The cradle its self , i think, is well suited to the IDEA of TRAVEL! it is after all a portable player. I take my player regulary to norwich on the train, i then un pack my bag, take the TRAVEL SIZE cradle out my bag and put it on charge..

I think if the cradle was of a BIGGER more " Suitable " size then it would not be well suited to the main purpose of a "PORTABLE" music player. You might as well just buy an MP3 hifi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sony, Dont listen to him. I think this VP is great, just keep us guys happy by updating the firmware more regulary

profile.country.en_GB.title
@4967457401015621
Visitor

can't agree with you dmslider - all the damage to my vaio pocket has been caused by that appaling cradle. what sony have failed to take into account is that a lightweight dock with a heavy mp3 player on it is very top heavy - i.e. unstable. which has led to it falling over onto its front countless times, and has twice fallen considerably further (once onto a flight case, gashing the finish). i'd much rather have a non-mobile cradle and a cable to charge/connect on the move, or even just a cable - there's no need for a dock every time

floody
Visitor

:cry: Read my thread dated 4th February before you comment. :smileychicken:

profile.country.de_DE.title
thwi
Visitor

Looking at all the other brands out there I realized that basically all cradles are far from something you would consider sturdy. The iPod dock e. g. is a cheap piece of plastic, the iAudio does look a little better but is far from perfect, too.
And if you look at the cradle for the Sony NW-HD1 it is a cheap piece of plastic, too (which even falls over more easily than the VP cradle as it doesn´t have a metal bracket at all).
It would be nice, though, if we would have the option of charging the VP via a cable. Although I am not fond of the little adapter which comes with the Sony NW-HD3 (you plug in into the interface instead of the cradle and then connect either an USB-Cable or the AC-adapter cable) it would be a nice add-on for the Vaio Pocket. In this case you could take the little adapter along while you´re traveling and keep the cradle for the use at home.
Cheers,
Thomas