Join now - be part of our community!

How to disable touchpad Vaio VGN-FW21M?

hanhare
Visitor

How to disable touchpad Vaio VGN-FW21M?

I am using an USB mouse with my Vaio VGN-FW21M. It is very annoying that the cursor jumps away when I am typing and touch accidently the touchpad.
I am using Windows 7.
I tried to disable the touchpad by removing the driver etcetera but nothing works sofar.
Also I asked Sony Support but they did not even answer.
Can anybody help me with this?
Thanks,

Henk

13 REPLIES 13
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi hanhare,

try this..

Press the windows key+R to open the Run box then type C:\Program Files\Sony\Setting Utility Series\VCCPointingDevice.exe

Click Continue on the UAC window

A Pointing device window should appear that should allow you to either enable or disable your touchpad..

If this works, you can place a shortcut to VCCPointingDevice.exe onto your desktop..

I have included a guide on the process should you wish to create a shortcut..

1. Right-click an open area on the desktop, point to New, and then click Shortcut.

2. Click Browse.

3. Goto C:\Program Files\Sony\Setting Utility Series and then select VCCPointingDevice.exe from the list of files, then click OK and then click Next.

4. Rename the shortcut to something more use friendly and click Finish.

hanhare
Visitor

Thanks for yuor answer!
As I said I am using Windows 7. I did a clean install. When I type C:\Program Files\Sony\Setting Utility Series\VCCPointingDevice.exe in the run box it says it could not find it .....

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Have you tried disabling the mouse in Device manager.?

hanhare
Visitor

Yes, I did. I disabled it in the control panel, I deleted the driver, but nothing did work...

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Have you looked at Vaio Control Center -> Keyboard and Mouse -> Pointing Device?

Your model may have an option to disable the pointing device....

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
hanhare
Visitor

Yes, I did but there is no possibility to disable the touchpad ....

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Open the device manager, what is listed under mouse and other pointing devices.?

hanhare
Visitor

There are:
Alps pointing device for Vaio and HID mouse.

Thanks again!

wilburt99
Visitor

I had the same problem. You must install 'Synaptics Pointing Device' program. Then you can disable the pointer from 'Mouse' in 'Control panel'.

The program is found among the other programs and drivers at Sony.