Join now - be part of our community!

How to erase the recovery partition?

tipsy
Visitor

How to erase the recovery partition?

Hi,

I just burned my Recovery Disks and now i want to erase the recovery partition so i can have a little more disk space. how can I do this? I thought you would get an option to do it on the Vaio Recovery Utility but it doesn't seem to be like that. If any of you guys could give me some advice, I'd be very thankful.

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi tipsy,

Here is the Sony guide on how to delete the special recovery partition..:smileyhappy:

However it would be wise to create at least two sets of the the Recovery Discs, once created test them to ensure that restore your Vaio, once you are happy that they are working then follow the above procedure..:smileywink:

tipsy
Visitor

However it would be wise to create at least two sets of the the Recovery Discs, once created test them to ensure that restore your Vaio, once you are happy that they are working then follow the above procedure..:smileywink:

I've done that already. I'm gonna follow the guide to erase the partition. Thank you.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

You're welcome tipsy

tipsy
Visitor

The thing is: the Recovery procedure should start using the "first DVD" after restarting the system. I have tried to do that but nothing happens. I tried with the "first DVD"_backup and nothing happens also. And I have the Initial setting set to check the CD-Rom Drive first.

IS this a sign that there is any problem with the DVD's I recorded? I spent a lot of time doing this.

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

What happens? Do you get an error code from the drive?
Does it miss the CD Drive altogether and boot into windows from the hard disc?
Can you explore the disc from Windows?

Silly question but are you sure you are using Disc 1 and that it is inserted in the drive before you shut down and reboot?

:thinking:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

tipsy
Visitor

Thanks, guys, but I decided not to erase the recovery partition for now. anyway, the advice/links you gave me will be useful in a couple of months. thanks.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

No problem tipsy, you're welcome..:smileyhappy: