Join now - be part of our community!

How to get the Recovery Disk for SVE14A3C5E on Windows 8

profile.country.sv_SE.title
fadubhai
New

How to get the Recovery Disk for SVE14A3C5E on Windows 8

Hi,

I have bought a sony vaio SVE14A3C5E two weeks ago. Now, I can not create a recovery disk. My laptop is preloaded with windows 8. In the vaio care there is no option for create a recovery disk. How can I get a recovery disk now? I need it very badly. Can anyone help me?? Thank You.

Regards

Faisal

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Faisal and welcome.

I suggest you contact Vaio Support for a solution.

To contact Vaio Support go to this link and select 'Vaio and Computing'. You will need to enter your Vaio's Serial Number and you will be given options to contact Vaio Support.

http://www.sony.se/support/sv/contacts

:wink:

fadubhai
New

Hi Blencogo,

Thanks a lot for your suggestion. I have tried to get vaio support via your link. But the problem is after putting the serial number there is no reposne from the server. It remains as it is. I don't know, is it due to my model is very new or something else. I think, I have to call directly sony support tomorrow whether they can help me or not.

Right this moment, my windows is running smoothly but the problem is neither I can create recovery disks nor my recovery partition is responding while using the "Assist" button. I have another vaio VPCEA2S1E which is based on Windows 7. Otherwise, I could use the recovery dvd of my old vaio which is running on Windows 7. Lets see what happens. But thanks again for your quick support. If you have any more suggestion for me just inform me. Take Care.

Best Regards

Faisal

Message was edited by: fahad.faisal

Message was edited by: fahad.faisal

profile.country.en_GB.title
DaveTK
Explorer

Faisal,

Is this the serial number entry box you are referring to?

SerialNumber_1.png

I tried the same link as you and my serial number is not accepted either. I phoned Sony yesterday about this link, ( but the UK version), the person I spoke to didn't even know about the serial number entry box and gave me some excuse about them having problems with their server. I gave up in disgust.

But as far as your original problem. Does your Vaio Care page look like this?

Recovery_1.png

Because if it does, backup media creation is found in "Advanced Tools" under "Restore and Recovery".

If your page isn't like this then I am afraid I probably can't help you.

Good luck.

DaveTK

fadubhai
New

Hi DaveTK,

Yes I also had error while working with the serial number. My Vaio Care looks like same as you posted here. But the problem is under "Advanced Tools", if you I go for recovery, there is no option for creating rescue disk or any other things. As a result I can not restore my laptop in its factory condition.

I have a request to you. If you have the SVE Series with windows 8. Can you please upload your "Recovery Disk Image" for me. Then I can just download and use it for my laptop. Thank you.

Best Regards

Faisal

DaveTK
Explorer

Hi Faisal,

My recovery disk image is ~20GB and as I understand would only be useable on my computer as the image uses unique identifiers that are part of the computer. Also, the image I have is customised to my personal details/settings that I had in place at the time I made the image. So for these reasons I cannot upload the image.

I received a personal email from Sony support guru "Soup", who can be found on this forum, I think about the problem you have. I think Soup has transposed the both of us; i.e  me having the problem and you trying to help! I have replied to that email and hope that Soup will contact you .

It  would be useful if you could add a screenshot of what you see when trying to get to "advanced tools" to show what features are available under this tab, or what error message you may be seeing. If you don't know how to do this you can use the "Windows Paint" accessory. Just press PrtSC on the keyboard to load the screen buffer with the current view then and Ctrl V this into Paint.

Hope this helps you.

Regards

DaveTK

fadubhai
New

Hi DaveTK,

Here I am also attaching the screenshot, so that you can understand what is the problem with my vaio. Usually, the option for creating recovery disk is available under the "Restore and Recovery" section of vaio care. But, in my vaio care there is no option for that. Its really strange. Just have a look into the screen shot and let me know, if you can help me anyway. Thank you.

Best Regards

Fahad

Untitled.png

DaveTK
Explorer

Hi Fahad,

Have I been referring to you by your family name rather than your first name? If I have been getting this wrong, my sincerest apologies.

I notice that your profile name has changed from fahad.faisal to fadubhai; this will make it difficult for you to be contacted by the group moderator -Soup-, who I mentioned in my previous reply to you. I had a "private message" form -Soup- on 13April saying that you had been contacted, however, if you have changed your profile name that private message sent to you will not be accessible.

I see from your screenshot the issue you have and at this point believe that Sony will be your best chance at success. I don't think that I can help further.

I will send another private message to -Soup- to inform of you profile name change and hope that they contact you directly.

Regards

DavidTK

fadubhai
New

Dear DaveTK,

The forum moderator asked me to change my actual name to some other nick. Thats why, my nick has been changed here. Anyway, you can call me in any name. Its perfectly ok for me.

I know, now I have rely on sony now. That is my only option. Let see, how it works further. Thanks a lot for your support. Keep in touch.

Best Regards

fadubhai