Join now - be part of our community!

How to open a VPCL22Z1E All In One?

Migonzo2
Explorer

How to open a VPCL22Z1E All In One?

Hi all,

I have an “old” VPCL22Z1E desktop, it works perfectly since two years.

Now the fan speed starts to increase slightly and sometimes it’s going up to full speed (video), which did never happen during the first year.

Cleaning the air in- and outlet from the outside doesn’t help any more. I have to clean the heat sinks inside, at the CPU and GPU, as I did with several laptops and computers already.

Now my question:

Does anybody know how to open that beautiful desktop without using brute force?

The Sony Support is disappointing, to say the least.

They don’t tell me anything, to “maintain the quality of service” ?

HELLO, this is my computer, I am the owner, when I break it - then I break it.

I live on a small island, we do not have a Sony service here, I am the only one to open it. I would have to send the computer with my data to the mainland, more than 1000km from here. I AM THE SERVICE.

I just want to carefully open the All In One without damaging the stylish plastic case.

Please, any hints? A sketch?

6 REPLIES 6
Migonzo2
Explorer

OK, I’ve learned my lesson, Sony’s quality already ends before purchase.

SJBlock
New

Hi there I know the problem...have one of them...did do it just some days ago. Please send me a direct message and I will reply. Happy to help. SJ

Edited: personal details

Migonzo2
Explorer

Hi,

I’ve sent you a private message.

Thanks!

apfelek
Explorer

Hello,

I have just found your your post. I am trying to open Sony Vaio to clean the heater but have big difficulties in figuring out how to do this. I would be greatful if you could share some tips how you did it.

Kind regrards,

Martin

Could anyone send me the same instructions, please? I want to upgrade the hard drive and increase memory.

profile.country.GB.title
Pumpkin_Duke

Hi,

Have a look at this one I've found on YT:

Hope it's helpful

Cheers

PD